Pages

21.12.09

Beauty

I had my legs waxed at Evolve today.

It is very professional, and very relaxing. It feels like a day spa even getting your legs waxed. However, it is very overpriced for leg waxing, although I do like the fact that roller wax is used (though I don't know exactly how this is more hygienic than pot wax).

Beauty services are very personal. First off - you are revealing things that you wouldn't show your best friend in bright light to a complete stranger. So the venue has to provide you with some dignity. It has to be comfortable. It has to be private. This is why I don't like places at the plaza where everybody is rushing around opening and closing doors - it feels more like sheep being shorn than a beauty experience. Evolve provides this atmosphere. On top of this, it makes you feel special - it has a fantastic customer points and discount program for friends. I don't know if is a good deal at all - but it makes you feel valued. The graphic design on all these services is also very professional.

This may be factored into the cost of the services. For a leg and eyebrow wax I pay $65. Now the funny thing about this is that I like to save money - but I won't go to the cheapest waxer around (or any other beauty service for that matter) just because they are the cheapest. I want quality at a good price. It doesn't have to be the swishest place on the block, but I will pay a little bit extra for a dayspa like feel.

Update: Evolve has 25% off waxing, pedicures and manicures if you book on a Tuesday, until the 28th of February 2010.

No comments: