Pages

7.1.10

Just a regular Thursday

I thought it might help me feel a bit better if I wrote down all the medium sized things that I have achieved today. I felt overwhelmed in my mind, so if I can actually see that I am doing something I'll feel a whole lot better!


  • 2 loads of washing, 1 load of nappies
  • walked and posted a letter and looked at tractors mowing with Isaac
  • spent some time organizing finances on the phone (ran out of money again!)
  • tied up, removed infested fruit and watered vegies
  • fed Isaac 2 meals and a snack
  • had a shower and got dressed
  • sent email to council regarding land development for community garden
  • still feeling overwhelmed - mostly about finances!
See, the problem isn't that we don't have enough money, or that we are not organized - far from it - we have never been this organized and that's the problem! Jeremy and I have always 'winged' it. We've always assumed (rightly or wrongly) that there would be money in our account when we needed it, and have paid bills and bought things as they have come along.

Now, in my wisdom (or not) I have set up an account for paying bills, that has an amount transferred to it every time Jeremy gets paid, and we pay all our bills out of this account. We also set up an amount to be transferred into an investment account. Now with both of those things happening we actually (for the first time) need to be on a budget with the leftover money and we're not used to it! It really is nothing to complain about - we are very blessed indeed to have surplus funds, and I thank God for it. I am hoping the path we have chosen is his will, and that we are better stewards of our money now than before.

1 comment:

Ingeborg Dijkstra- Verbeek said...

Honey ... I can so relate to this money thing .. before I got married I never thought about organizing money, but then I met Siebe and what a difference it made (obviously not only in regards to organizing my finances). He always used budgets for everything. And ... whilst it drove me nuts in the beginning: I am so thankful that he taught me how to do these things, because surely we are better stewards of our money! Try not to stress about it (easier said than done) and ... if you have a habit of not organizing money for 20+ years, you cannot expect to change the habit in a few days or weeks ... time ... patience ... prayer ... it will get you there! x