Pages

27.11.09

I disagree with Louise L. Hay's spiritual beliefs, but I am currently perusing her book I can do it!: how to use affirmations to change your life, Hay House, 2004. I am choosing to teach myself new thoughts, and one way of doing this is by learning affirmations. An affirmation, in my own words, is simply a positive sentence that I can teach myself to change my thoughts and beliefs. I came across one today that resonated with me:

I have a wonderful lover, and we are both happy and at peace.

I have been thinking about Lover today, because I have been thinking about sex. Since starting my medication to treat my depression, I haven't been able to achieve orgasm. I know it's simply a side effect, but it has started to play on my mind. When I read this affirmation, I felt at peace. It reminded me that we are still lovers, regardless of the outcome, and that sex is much more than a destination. I am slowly learning to live my life in the moment, and embrace the journey.

No comments: